The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou is a 2004 comedy-drama film directed, written, and co-produced by Wes Anderson. It was filmed in and around Naples, Ponza, and the Italian Riviera.
When his partner is killed by the mysterious and possibly nonexistent Jaguar Shark, eccentric oceanographer Steve Zissou and his Team Zissou crew set off for an expedition to hunt down the creature. Along with his estranged wife, a beautiful journalist and a co-pilot who could possibly be Zissou's son, the crew set off for one wild expedition.
- Bill Murray as Steve Zissou
- Owen Wilson as Edward "Ned" Plimpton/Kingsley Zissou
- Cate Blanchett as Jane Winslett-Richardson
- Anjelica Huston as Eleanor Zissou
- Willem Dafoe as Klaus Daimler
- Jeff Goldblum as Alistair Hennessey
- Michael Gambon as Oseary Drakoulias
- Bud Cort as Bill Ubell, "Bond Company Stooge"
- Noah Taylor as Vladimir Wolodarsky
- Seu Jorge as Pelé dos Santos
- Robyn Cohen as Anne-Marie Sakowitz
- Waris Ahluwalia as Vikram Ray
- Matthew Gray Gubler as Nico, Intern #1
- Antonio Monda as himself
- Isabella Blow as Antonia Cook
The Life Aquatic received mixed-to-positive reviews from film critics. Some liked the film for its eccentricity; others called it smug and artificial. It received a weighted average score of 62/100 on Metacritic, indicating "generally favorable reviews". The film also has a 56% "rotten" score on Rotten Tomatoes.
|Trailer 1||Trailer 2|